I could say that one of my all time favourite desserts to eat are Brownies, Red Velvet Cupcakes and Cheesecake. But to put all three into one is a completely different story!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies is a bit of a mouthful right? Trust me you won’t be able to stop eating these when you begin- they are ADDICTIVE. I mean what’s not to love? Cream cheese icing complement red velvet cakes perfectly and red velvet is basically just a cocoa sponge dyed red so……… it’s just a very elaborate version of an ordinary Red velvet cake let’s put it that way!
This recipe is from Loraine Pascal’s Recipe Book ‘BAKE’ which I got from a really close friend for my birthday on a surprise dinner by a group of lovely girls in my year. She also got me a really cute heart cake tin so I thought it was only right to say thank you by baking a batch of these brownies and giving some to her in the heart cake tin as well as normal ones for the others. THANK YOU sososo much for those guys! Love you lots!
From their reactions I thought they went down pretty well so you should definitely try these out! I know I will be making these soon again because my mum was so ‘hangry’ that they weren’t for her when they came out of the oven!
Check out the recipe video on my youtube channel Noami Lim by clicking HERE!
- 100g melted butter
- 180g sugar
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp red gel food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla/ 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
- 80g melted milk/white chocolate
- 130g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
For the cheesecake swirl
- 220g cream cheese
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line an 18cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave for 30 second bursts then leave aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl melt 100g butter and add sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Add the eggs, red food colouring and mix again together before adding in the slightly cooled chocolate. Fold in the flour, salt until you get a thick batter.
- Spread this evenly into the cake tin, reserving about 2 Tbs of the batter.
- For the cream cheese layer, just beat all the ingredients together and spread evenly on top of the brownie mixture.
- Then dollop your reserved batter over the top evenly before using a tooth pick or skewer to swirl the two together. (BUT don’t swirl too much otherwise you will get a pink mixture!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until springy to the touch but still gooey in the centre.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then remove from the tin and slice into 9-16 pieces, depending on how generous you want to be really!
Love Hayeon X